Thursday, May 24, 2007

GOOD EATS: The Door

THE DOOR
163-07 Baisley Blvd. (at Guy R. Brewer Blvd.)
Jamaica, NY 11434
718.525.1083
________________________________

If you're not going anywhere this Memorial Day weekend and you're in a mood to dine out, consider The Door..."An Elegant Jamaican Restaurant." This Jamaican restaurant lives up to its name. In fact, it may be the ONLY elegant Jamaican restaurant in South Jamaica. Cherry wood furnishings and contemporary lighting creates a warm and intimate atmosphere. There's also a bar area. Vegetarians and Vegans: try the stewed tofu with rice & peas. Famed Jamaican comedian Oliver Samuels has endorsed The Door in ads that has aired on Carribbean International Network (CIN).

No worries if you're not in a mood for formal dining. There's a take-out kitchen adjacent to the restaurant. BE SURE to place your order in advance.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great food..nice atmosphere...I recommend this restaurant to anyone who likes real yard food...

Anonymous said...

Very Elegant, if you go on the weekends sometime they have a live band, great service and fresh food.

Anonymous said...

I had to drop-off my son at Kennedy airport Monday morning,5/26/08. My friend and I decided that we've been hearing about this restaurant and being from the Bronx you can understan it is certainly not 'on the beat' for us. We found it and ohhhhh what a treat!!!! as a matter of fact Oliver showed up with a friend and I know he had the same oatmeal & banana porridge I had while his friend had a large red peas soup.

Well, I will have to pay that $10.00 to cross de Whitestone Bridge every now an' den as of now. Talk 'bout good food, nice atmosphere and friendly Jamaican service, that's what we got. KEEP IT UP!!!

WTW said...

Visiting from Seattle and had dinner there on a Saturday Night. Staff was so patient and quite professional and pleasant. Food was authentic. I would highly recommend dining there.

Kathy G said...

My family and I have been dining at the door for over three years, they are the only ones I would choose for catering. They have catered for my church , both small and large functions, as well as our picnic. Great place. Get there early for a good seat.